Fire Safety Audit
Fire Safety audit is a systematic andindependent evaluation of the fire risks present in the premises and involverecommendations about appropriate measures to control and mitigate the effectsof fires. Applicable Standards:National Building Code 2005,IS Standards in FireSafety
Organizationsapplicable for Fire Safety Audit:
- Industry bodies
- Corporate Houses.
Methodology ofconducting the Fire Safety Audits involves the following:
- A walkthrough the concerned premises.
- Review of the layout and drawings.
- Review of the existing firefighting systems in the premises.
- Review of the training and awareness regarding availability and operations of the firefighting systems in and across the organization.
Recommendations for corrective andpreventive actions include:
- Updation of the fire safety risk management data base
- Preparation of additional reports or relevant paperwork on the hazards detected
Benefits of the Audit:
Fire Safety audits enable the organizationsto address the issues by identifying the following:
- Identifying all significant fire hazards.
- Evaluation of the existing control measures.
- Determining the additional control measures required.
- Evaluation of the current fire detection and firefighting facilities.
- Testing of all fire safety equipment and precautions.
- Training and instruction to all occupants of premises about fire safety.