Electrical Safety Audit
Electrical shock related to the use ofelectrical products is the cause of thousands of injuries and even deathsaround the world each year, whether because of poor design, inadequatemaintenance, or unintended use. CDG Inspection offers electrical safety testingfor all types of electrical and electronic products in our accreditedlaboratories or at your own site.
WHAT IS ELECTRICAL SAFETYTESTING?
Electrical safetytesting is carried out to evaluate the potential risks of electrical shocks tocustomers when using their products.
Evaluating a productfor electrical safety usually includes the following tests:
- High voltage test (dielectric withstand test) - measures the ability of an electrical product to withstand a high voltage applied between a product’s electrical circuit and the ground.
- Leakage current test - evaluates whether current that flows between an AC source and the ground does not exceed a specified limit.
- Insulation resistance test - calibrates the quality of the electrical insulation used.
- Ground continuity test - ensures that a clear path is available between all exposed metal surfaces and the power system ground.
Benefits of this inspection:
- For any construction, electrical installations play an essential part. Improperly executed, it can lead to disasters. Thus, periodic inspection leads to reduction in risk of fire.
- Following a single procedure ensures that all the standards are followed consistently and the workloads are streamlined
- It helps in increasing safety of the working environment.
- Helps in reduction of machine/equipment damage.
- Periodic inspection minimizes the danger to property, the business and the public.