The parent institution should fulfill the following criteria:
• The institution should be a University/Deemed University or an Institute/College offering Engineering, Technology, Science courses at degree level or above for at least 5 years. In case of a college/institute, it should be duly recognized and affiliated and while in case of the private institutions, it should be promoted by a Trust or a Society registered under relevant Acts besides being recognized/affiliated to AICTE/Universities.
• Qualified and dedicated faculty in various disciplines with a good Research & Development base and background in industry related activities should be available
• Availability of two faculty trained in Entrepreneurship through DST sponsored Faculty Development Programme
• Minimum dedicated space of about 5000 square feet for housing the NewGen IEDC and the startups promoted through it, with the availability of utilities like electricity, water, telephone installation and internet connectivity
• Availability of workshops, laboratories and computational facilities
• Library with a good collection of books and journals
• Experience in Entrepreneurship Development and Promotion and Industry related activities such as Consultancy, Product Development, Testing, Calibration etc